Monday, April 1, 2013

April - Keeping it Fresh



This past month was a huge hurdle for me, and the next several months are sure to be some of the busiest of my life.  Our two weddings are coming up and we will be hosting guests from Turkey here in my place for the American wedding and then traveling with my parents to Turkey for the Turkish celebration.  Then H. and I will be off for a 2-week honeymoon in Turkey!  The big ideas are mostly figured out - but many of the details are still up in the air.  I have faith that it will all work out just fine. 

Last month, a strange eye problem lead to a health diagnosis that rocked my life boat and sent a few things overboard in the process.  I am now back on solid ground and I have faced some huge lifestyle changes, such as a drastically different diet (no wheat/gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no coffee, no alcohol, no soy, no peanuts, no corn, no yeast) and the need for more calm moments in my life.  In all this hullabaloo I never considered shutting down my blog.  I love writing in this space and so for what it is worth - I will carry on. 

This month though, I feel like I might need a little motivation in the writing department.  With so many obligations with the upcoming weddings, the lifestyle changes, H. finishing his dissertation, and me finishing my PhD coursework - I need some inspiration for blog posts. 

I was intrigued when a fellow blogger, E., over at Slowly by Slowly used the BlogHer NaBloPoMo prompts in December 2012  to dive into a discussion of work-life balance.  I followed these posts with enthusiasm and I decided to check out the BlogHer space for future topics.  This month the NaBloPoMo is all about the topic "Fresh".  The prompts explore topics such as environmental issues, gardening, cleaning house, outdoor activities and more.  These are all important topics for me - and there are issues that I am interested exploring with respect to Turkish culture. 

So here it goes - in an effort to keep up my writing habit and to add a little something different to this blog space I'm going to participate in this April's Fresh-themed writing prompts.  I hope you'll follow along.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...